- 2019-10-10 22:42Tying the Knot Is Tied to Longer Life Span, New Data Shows
- The age-adjusted death rate for the married declined by 7% between 2010 and 2017, according to a new study from the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), part of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- 2019-10-10 22:39Nearly 5 Million American Kids Are Obese, New Study Finds
- About 4.8 million American kids aged 10 to 17 -- just over 15% -- were obese in 2017-2018, according to a new report.
- 2019-10-10 22:11How Does Early Menopause Affect a Woman's Heart?
- Researchers analyzed data from more than 300,000 women who were part of 15 studies around the world, and found that women who reached menopause before age 50 were more likely to have a nonfatal heart problem, such as a heart attack, angina ...
- 2019-10-10 22:08Standard Memory Tests for Seniors Might Differ by Gender
- More women than men were diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) when sex-specific scores were used on memory tests, researchers report.
- 2019-10-10 19:28Could Eating Healthier Be a Natural Antidepressant?
- Those who embraced healthier food choices reported less anxiety and much better moods within weeks, according to findings published Oct. 9 in the journal PLOS ONE.
- 2019-10-10 18:44Some Blue Bell Ice Cream May Contain Plastic Pieces
- The recalled ice cream was sold in nine states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. No injuries have been reported from ice cream in this recall.
- 2019-10-10 16:40You've Lost the Weight -- Now Keep It Off to Keep Diabetes at Bay
- After losing weight with a yearlong intervention, blood sugar and blood pressure levels go down and cholesterol results improve. People who kept at least 75% of that weight off for another three years retained or had even greater health ben...
- 2019-10-10 03:36Brexit: What will happen to European Health Insurance Cards?
- The scheme works in 31 countries but only three have agreed to cover UK tourists if there is no deal.
BBC News Health
- 2019-10-10 03:25Ban and tax our way out of obesity - top doctor
- The outgoing chief medical officer warns ministers will fail on obesity unless they take bold action.
BBC News Health
- 2019-10-10 01:11How surf lifesaving saved my life
- Student Sophie Bennett developed anxiety and depression but then she discovered surf lifesaving.
BBC News Health
- 2019-10-10 00:58'Smartphone Slouching' More Serious Than It Sounds
- The national survey, published Oct. 9, asked respondents their level of concern about eye strain, carpal tunnel and other potential health consequences of mobile device use. Only 47% said they were concerned about poor posture and how it af...
- 2019-10-10 00:55Home-Cooked Meals Linked to Lower PFAS in the Body
- People who tended to eat more fresh food and food prepared at home had slightly, but measurably lower levels of five “long-chain” PFAS chemicals in their blood compared to those who ate more of their meals at fast food and other types of re...
- 2019-10-10 00:23If pain was an object, what would it look like?
- US photographer Justin J Wee has chronic back pain and uses images to depict living with pain.
BBC News Health
- 2019-10-09 23:13Humans May Possess Ability to Regrow Cartilage
- The researchers are calling it the "inner salamander capacity."
- 2019-10-09 21:23$8 Billion Award in Risperdal Lawsuit
- Johnson & Johnson said the award is "excessive and unfounded" and that it would take immediate action to overturn it, the AP reported.
- 2019-10-09 21:15Head, Neck Melanomas Show Alarming Rise in Young Americans
- Researchers found that the incidence of head and neck melanoma rose nearly 4% a year from 1995 to 2001, and 1.2% a year from 2001 to 2014 in children and young adults.
- 2019-10-09 19:53Gender Reassignment Surgery Benefits Mental Health
- The investigators found that those who underwent surgery were 8 percent less likely to reach out for mental health care services in the first year after surgery.
- 2019-10-09 17:41'Jeopardy!' Host Alex Trebek 'Not Afraid of Dying'
- The 79-year-old Trebek resumed chemotherapy last month after losing a large amount of weight and having his cancer-related numbers rise sharply, he told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Sept. 17.
- 2019-10-09 17:07Could a Pill Replace Insulin Shots?
- This experimental pill can withstand the trip through the gastrointestinal tract, scientists report. When it gets to the small intestine, it breaks down into dissolving microneedles that attach to the intestinal wall and release the drug in...
- 2019-10-09 17:00Passengers May Have Been Exposed to Hepatitis A
- American Airlines would not confirm that one of its flight attendants had hepatitis A or another disease, ABC News reported.